Friday, December 11, 2009

Burlesque: Malice Aforethought

*
Do you know the absolute burlesque
when your father is telling everybody
in the loudest, scathing voice, exactly
how bad and dysfunctional mother is

While she is playing the role of Lady,
pretentious, pushing her kids into the
spotlight as if we can sing – like per-
forming monkeys - while father’s

Droning voice keeps delineating every
mistake she has ever made, informing
everyone how she messed up - never
does he explain why he refuses to split

Why he insists on staying with a person
who treats him with utter contempt, if he
cannot respect her, if she cannot honour
him; it seems like malice aforethought

That keeps them in orbit around another,
I cannot remain in the same place with
both of them, once when driving I had to
force them to stop bickering

Their arguing, running each other down,
making me a dangerous driver, and I am
not the best driver to begin with, having
been blessed with recklessness…
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...