Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Pretence Of Quiet Opulence

*
My positive book reiterates, choose anything
as your vision, my vision is to make a special
someone feel how much I appreciate all that
she did in my life

I love it that she paid for the warm beds and
blankest in which I slept and that she made,
I love it that she prepared the food we ate,
when I discovered

She had bought the ingredients with her own
money without ever telling anyone, I was
thrilled, I was always told she was an
interloper who Interfered in our lives

My mind was unhinged because I had seen
something else, when I learnt that she paid
for our pretence of living in quiet opulence
while doing the work behind the scenes

I loved the fact that I had a James Bond in my
life called Margaret Alice who paid all her money
to provide for us, I love it that she never told me
that the food that I ate, prepared by her

Had also been bought with her income, my pa-
rents could not provide on their own, but as-
sumed credit for everything, decrying
grandma for not doing enough

I fell for their subterfuge when I was small, but as
I grew older and grandma took care of me when
mom and dad did not as I grew weak, grandma
took over and saved my life

I got the idea that someone was telling lies, and it
was not grandma, it was not the one person who
was there as terror strangled its grip...
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...