Monday, December 14, 2009

Imprisoned

*Thanks to hubby’s knowledge of my mother’s
snobbishness and sister’s arrogance he can
win any argument by saying I am just like them

I have no criterion, no measure of sanity, I am
at the mercy of his decisions and opinions, until
I die there is no release from the lies of this life

I shall never forget how impossible to gauge the
relevance of anything I do or say after exposure
to my father and mother and sister, I shall never

Be free as long as I live unless I can find someone
who loves me as I am; inappropriate behaviour and
broken dreams; wishing and hoping and everything

But until then, I am imprisoned by my past - just turn
the screws and I am held fast...
*

1 comment:

matt at shadow of iris said...

The worst insult either my mother or father could throw at any one was, "you're just like your father" or "you're just like your mother."

It hurt too, when that was said, in more ways than one.

The irony.

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...