Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Beautiful

[Part 3 of Energising and Inspiring]

Found perfect silver sandals for Nici, heels
not too high, shine just right, I am delighted,
she is enchanted, showed them to all her
friends, perfect for the soft purple dress
she is going to wear

Decorated my new wire basket with white
lace and a few roses, set it next to my bed
with my books and paper doll inside, for the
first time I have made something beautiful
that is practical too

I wandered about with starry eyes, imagined
millions of wire baskets everywhere decorated
by me, filled with books and trinkets, all things
nice, the toys I keep out of sight as I have no
container pretty enough

To showcase them, when you complimented my
attempt at handicraft I felt validated, appreciated,
measured for worth and not found wanting at all -
this is brilliant, I cannot wait to try this again, buy
chiffon roses and shiny fabrics

And decorate everything in sight…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...