Thursday, August 18, 2011

Joyous Beginnings

Carine set off like a comet as soon as doctor Kilian
gave the go-ahead, there is no Nico to catch her on
her wild flight, at least she has reams of good friends,
she was great, tried so hard to contain her shock,
frustration and pain on discovering her loss

Of Nico and her injuries sustained; she was so loving,
warm and kind, even when I failed to take good care of
her, she sided with me in angry debates - she is gone -
I played her radio, rearranged her books, gift bags and
flowers, spent hours in her room

She went away facing a future of left-leg rehabilitation and
therapy, we cannot be part of the new phase in her life and
it feels so sad to let her go, testing her broken wings to fly on
her own, back to the life that was cut short in the accident, this
time without the safety net

Which Nico offered before, though I tremble for her, there is
no way to take over her life, no-one can lead another’s life
for them – how I wish I could lead her into joyous beginnings…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...