Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Fixated


Fixated on wire containers adorned with sheer material
silky roses craftily made to resemble perfumed bouquets
went on a quest to create my own wire holder, since you
claimed it impossible to make me such a wire concoction
I started dreaming of hanging a square of wire and adorn
it to my heart’s content

You asked which part of the house I would deface with my
own decorations, I thought the corner next to my bed would
be perfect – to expedite my attempt at creating art I started
with breakfast in a restaurant, looked into a second-hand
bookshop to visualise classic collections of leather-bound
tomes with which I shall

Change my study into a replica of the Library at Unseen
University with chains to fasten the magical volumes down
then I came away with The Country Diary of an Edwardian
Lady, Edith Holden, handwritten quotes and comments with
exquisite illustrations, I wish I could make a diary resembling
this, though I cannot paint

Water-colours in the same way - you are saved, gone all plans
for interior decoration, replaced by the dream of creating beauty
through the sound of singing words dancing in patterns to new,
delightful rhythms, the way the visible world was created…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...