Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Fascinated Reader

The message I found in Good Omens is that the
world is a most interesting place, boring kids
out of their minds is the reason so many people
end up depressed, the mind-numbing world of
religion and fear for the supernatural reduce
it to a boring visual phenomenon between an
even more boring heaven and hell

Brilliant satirists like Terry Pratchett and Neil
Gaiman point out its multilayered aspects - more
perspectives than quantum physics can dream of,
though they poke fun at the gullible and stupid,
they create awareness of the infinite possibilities
of the human mind; strengthen my faith in un-
sullied youth as the perfect medium to showcase

Amazing probabilities and the ability to freely
improvise with New Age material - I have been shot
into orbit by their fun-filled story which underlines
the freedom of humankind to make our own choices;
create the kind of world we live in - and they present
philosophic concepts in humorous form; I'm struggling
to wake up; the book acts like a drug

Sending the fascinated reader into a parallel universe
where horror is bathed in the warmth of cheerful
delight, if only my mind would return so I can
work again...

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...