Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Energising, Inspiring & Kaspersky


Part 1: Energising, Inspiring

Oh, give me a chocolate, give me what I crave,
excitement and adventure, an inspiring challenge,
not sitting quietly at my desk looking at criminal
messages at Interpol’s behest

Oh, give me the freedom of sea and wind and sun
up high creating fairy wings in front of my eyes, let
me not languish here, let me not expire in my chair,
let me run outside, be taken down

In a dramatic fight, a heroic deed, some bravery that
would make me feel it was a worthwhile life in spite
of everything and everyone that tried to bring us
down when we were young

************************************

Back after enjoying the wind outside, invigorating,
energising, inspiring, two chocolates, a wire basket
for my own version of interior decoration, a dainty
coffee cup, tried on shiny silver sandals

Trying to help Nici find the right heels and kind for
the matric farewell, something delightful, now to
embark on my quest for translation excellence...

[Early morning musing]


Part 2: Kaspersky

A Kaspersky moment at work,
while trying to read BBC Afrique
Le QG de Kadhafi est tombé - my
computer freezes, when I switch on
again Kapersky is hunting a Trojan
virus, virtual games in my work time

I laugh happily, an excuse to talk to
all my colleagues, join in the general
happy grumbling because of things
going wrong, so glad to be here to
experience it all, see Kadhafi and
Kaspersky working in tandem to
make my little life interesting

Back to vehicle theft in Cote d’Ivoire
as the CIA World Factbook insists to
call the erstwhile Ivory Coast

Oh wunderbar, listening to Vilja
while sitting here in Paradise…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...