Sunday, August 7, 2011

Still Suffocating

French - a round language full of cornices
and curls, even the explosives ascend into
the air - o-sounds forming kisses on the
speaking lips, rhythm uneven, making
my peace with inability to start an
ordinary conversation

Listening to BBC Afrique, isolated within
oppressive inner silence as I cannot feign
interest, reading ‘Proving an automorphic
resonance field has a semi-infinite
number of irresolute prime ideals’
burst into tears - consciousness

Not open to humour this morning
the darkness of the night still
suppressing every attempt
to escape the pressure
in my head...

Quoted from p. 66 Pyramids Terry Pratchett,
Victor Gollancz, 1989

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...