Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Only Protection

Another Saturday night – I always end up on
the Greek channel at this time, after watching
the film Argentina; Madonna, Andrew Lloyd
Webber and Antonio Banderas

Preaching to Nici about the dangers of giving
cult status to yourself and to others, making
yourself into a saint - worshipping another
who seems so high on a pedestal

Nici simply waxed sarcastic and walked away
I am left with the strange nostalgic music of the
Greek program, not understanding a word, my
heart still shocked by Evita’s story

Her strange progress through life - compared to
my astrogenetic sign, the crab, needing security,
I could never accomplish feats like that - and -
in the end it all went bad

It reminds me of Chinese Master Suma Ching
Hai turned into a fashion icon - hair bleached,
claiming she won insight in Tibet - making me
wonder about Helena Blavatsky

Did she create new entities and does Theosophy
make sense – the only comfort is the safety of
humility based on spiritual conviction, it is
the only protection we shall ever get…

[The discomfort of my back reminds me I ate a Margarita
pizza on Friday night, allergic reaction, developing a
hunchback à la Quasimodo, the people on the Greek
channel not dancing – my reason for watching their
antics - without that, their program does not
enchant]

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...