Monday, August 15, 2011

Soft Awakening [For Gerhard Knight]


I love the rain and ice-cold wind of winter
proudly taking its place instead of bowing
to this upstart of a too early summer
threatening to derail
the soft awakening of a slow-moving spring

The cold is exhilarating with the wind intoxicating
I joyously sing within its glaciating embrace
lightning and dark clouds and hailstorms

I tread the softness
of soaked leaves under fragmented trees
enjoy the fresh, rain-cleansed smell of pavements
the sky in sophisticated grey
watch the merest hint of a rainbow turn into
an intense laser-light show
realising the beauty of the green planet earth

Natural wonders keep us alive even when we fail to
notice these marvels, keep us going when we feel
existentially challenged; the last surges of powerful
winter quicken the life force pulsing in my veins

Heart beating wildly as the sensation of winter's
icy touch awakens all my passions...

[Thank you Gerhard for indicating the change in phrases,
I appreciate your help so much!]

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...