Friday, August 5, 2011

Flogged Cassock

Don’t know how to find a path
out of this moment into another
realm without reading a book or
conjuring a story; checking my
run-on agreement with its sine-
wave repetitions

Herewith Lessor agrees to lease to
Lessee, who agrees to lease from
Lessor said Premises which is
situated and shall be deemed...
Lessor entitled to do this
while interest accrue…

The greatest mathematician being
flogged by a man in a cassock*, a
towel on his head, I furtively saw
as I glanced at the book on my desk;
‘Enchanted Horse’ and ‘Charlotte’s
Web’ lined up for the weekend

Titbits to lighten life between chores
though not many left now that Carine’s
on the mend; if only time would flow
past this immobile moment…


*Flogged by a man in a cassock -
From “Pyramids”, Terry Pratchett

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...