Saturday, August 6, 2011

An Insomniac Spell

Just read EB White Charlotte’s Web because
I cannot sleep - as a small child I was a victim
of circumstance, reading any material at hand,
luckily, there were encyclopaedias, Reader’s
Digests and detective stories at home

Though there was never enough; today I can
prepare for an insomniac spell by keeping my
favourite children’s books around - such
wonderful tales appeared since my youth,
I would miss everything new:

Nanny McFee and Susan Sto Helit for Mary
Poppins; intergalactic quantum travels; I
love these and limited offers by libraries,
Langenhoven’s Assembled Works, Hans
Christian Anderson’s Fairy Tales

I still have to save Keurboslaan tales from
oblivion – old editions are destroyed while
new shortened compilations are terribly
mutilated…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...