Monday, August 29, 2011

Under The Broom Tree (Rev.)


Looked under the broom tree for you, evicted
Elijah who’d been there too long, sat myself at
your side knowing you’re restrained by despair
to remain mute, eyes focussed within

You weigh options past, unsatisfied with what
life’s become; while respecting your need for
solitary meditation I won’t stay away, won’t
utter a word, understand your vicissitudes

I know your need to find your own way out of
confusion dogging your tread – keeping all my
ideas quiet as you must resolve life’s riddles
and mysteries all by yourself

There’s no forcing a solution on you, when I go
to my duty part of me stays under the broom
tree, thoughts of support and affection remain
with you so you’re never alone

I shall return as soon as time permits because
I know the lonely hour, the darkness of despair,
I wish to share these dark moments with you –
to help you through…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...