Thursday, April 2, 2009

Little Ladies Too Refined

Cultural differences are so strange,
we as a cultural group have been
taught to be humble, when confronted
with another cultural group’s arrogance,
I’m surprised, with one hand I want to help
the person who suffers, but as she sneers,
I want to launch an axe attack with the other
hand, it is fine to have self-confidence, but if
it is based on false superiority, it is not nice,
we are willing to do everything at work, move
heavy stuff around, carry books, take work
home – but another kind of person draws a
line – I’m to good for that, I look down on those
who serve – making barbed remarks with a
sweet smile in a soppy thin kind of voice – my
tribe’s people are very friendly, but very sober
and aware of nuances, all of us are self-sufficient,
little ladies too refined to pull their weight won’t
get very far at all.

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...