Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My Heart Took Flight

I have lovely colleagues, marvelous people,
totally devoid of imagination and that helps
SUCH a lot, they can concentrate on boring
tasks with a devotion that goes far beyond
religious inspiration, with spiritual joy they
can complete bone-dry translations that
drive me to suicide; presented with the voice
of Susan Boyle they superciliously sneered and
descried all forms of art, especially the music
I enjoy and love so much - and I smiled

It is good that the world contains such variety,
without them who would have done the 99%
of administration that is like the invisible dark
matter in the universe and kills the sensitive soul
of the world’s dreamer’s and artists – if they were
all dreamers like me, we would have been locked
up; but since they can administrate while hating art
with a vengeance, I can dream about visions while
dying inside when faced with administration – if it
were not for my rational, administrative, logical, cold

Number-conscious colleagues, I would have lost my job
and artists would never have eaten well – so thank
heaven for all those who sneered this morning
while my heart took flight!

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...