Monday, April 20, 2009

Time Standstill 20 April 2009 12:00

And just like that, time came to a standstill,
my ability to pick up the movement of the earth
around its own axis suddenly lost, I’m caught in
the middle of nothingness with endless questionnaires
for company, with duty beckoning, my spirit fleeing
and my heart shrinking, an emotional void
that is growing bigger by the moment…

No way to stop the process, feeling myself
sinking into a pit of darkness, the Black Hole in
my mind swallowing reality and my brain short-
circuiting in revolt against the events of my so-
called life – which seems to reduce to nothingness
light itself cannot escape the darkness that switched
off the prism in my mind so that all white light of factual
beingness vanishes and disappears…

I know that playing at being heard makes life bearable,
but not feeling the universe’s listening ears and having to
carry on this earthly pilgrimage on faith and trust alone,
creates such a feeling of despairing loneliness…

At least I know what the Nac Mac Feegles would have said
if they were here: “Ach crivens, the bigjob –me– fell into the
pit of darkness again, oh wiley, wiley, wiley, all is lost…”

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...