Monday, September 19, 2011

My Spirit Languishes (Revised)

my system is wrong, feels hungry and fatigued, when I
eat muscle spasms wreak havoc with my physical well-
being and I feel even more exhausted than before

it is the inescapable bane of seasonal pique, even
obligatory antibiotics does not relieve – seems to
make things perceptibly worse

will do anything to feel well, think any thought, repeat
any words to escape shrinking feelings abounding
in my head

anything to undo evil spells changing paradise into
hell – anything to feel well-being again, happy as
me delighting in my little corner of the world

but I’m in prison where the spirit languishes, not
even a dream can break tedium of painful head
and aching limbs

no angelic presence and spiritual accompaniment,
life keeps shrinking – until it starts expanding again
I will dream I’m somewhere else…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...