Friday, September 16, 2011

Rusting Shipwrecks (Revised)


Blazing African sun, a warm wind stirring
heat, I think but cannot concentrate, not
caring, asphyxiating, too tired to breathe,
the smoke-free building must also be
oxygen-free, head spinning, time stilled

a wicked magician has shrunken me to
one inch and put me in a furnace, brain
incandescent, ears burning, existential
crisis too exquisite to detail, pictures of
blue-hued snow and fluid seascapes are
my only escape from fiery orange

Electrocuted synapses dying away,
nothing makes sense, how could it
when heat is relentless, no rain in
sight, rusting shipwrecks on Namibia’s
Skeleton Coast the only symbols right
to describe this ruthless day…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...