Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Secret

Rereading Beauty and the Beast recounted in World
of Fairytales, struck by the sense of loss when Beast
turns into just another prince – I began to dream of a
Beast who remains such, only gruffly shows kindness
as best he can, while still beloved by faithful Beauty

Eyes shining, gone aches and pains no medicine could
take away; love the story of the eternal Beast redeemed
by love and loyalty, Beauty never cheaply recompensed
with handsome appearance; outer hideousness keeping
her inner eye sharp for spiritual beauty deep within

A grotesque animal loving her with wild devotion instead
of a refined, boring prince is much more enchanting to my
mind - phantoms are so much more interesting than the
foppish Ralphs with which life abound; but we must
not let the secret out…


“World of Fairytales” Michael Foreman, Random House,
Red Fox Edition 1994, pp. 73-79

[After reading this story and feeling my heart expand, joy
filled my soul, I could breathe and think again, the iron
clamps of the political document were loosened and the
world started to shine again, anything that gives relief
and enables me to escape intolerable lies in a
fabricated reality is more precious than
jewels of any kind…]

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...