Sunday, March 20, 2011

Door To The Outside

It is raining outside, every room we have added
to this house has a door to the outside, the new
master bedroom, the living room, the dining room,
the sunroom, all have sliding double doors because
of my phobia of being stuck inside

Now it feels as if we are outside when sliding doors
are open while rain is falling, hailstones; everything
required to make this a green, lush autumn season,
the feeling of sad, nostalgic reminiscence for the
departing summer is lifting as I listen

To the rain falling outside – although I could not find
a TV programme to watch or another book to read, I
am happy feeling free – just like we felt as teenagers
living in a room outside the house with a door into the
rain – the magnificence of being

Free from parental care as we lived in the garden, the
willow tree as our guard – which made me feel the
agony of claustrophobia at university stuck in a match-
box room on the 14th floor of the residence I abhorred;
but that is in the past - today

I am happy and content in this wonderful house -
sliding doors everywhere; except the old master
bedroom where Nici lives in teenage pride,
bathroom en suite - and Willem coming to
visit every second weekend…


No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...