Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Abhor Life’s Smorgasbord

I was not going to cry about this mind-blowing,
skull-crushing document, I was going to be a
Stoic Spartan, just carrying on – but when we
were offered celestial courses, then forced to
take what we abhor from life’s smorgasbord,
I lost my cool, broke down and cried

It is a once-off, my armour to fight losses should be in
place, although one ship passes me by, there are a
myriad others, let me cry about the loss of a course
in literary translation, the loss of the thought of
enjoying tomorrow’s class; I knew it to be a
hallucination right from the start

When I have cried enough, lost enough time to
make me look bad; sadness will sink down, once
all chances of looking good are lost, good feelings
will come - let me destroy all hope, kill the dreams
to hasten the future of my lonely life - I tried
to swallow the bitter gall

Of the tragic document - but it turned out to be
just a farce, could not force my brain to concen-
trate, tomorrow will be a most terrifying day,
already despairing of enjoying the charade -
when will it be my turn to give up the spirit

Yet Pratchett and quantum physics
will keep me alive…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...