Saturday, March 12, 2011

Classic Accident (Rev.)

Tiaan next to me, GPS in hand, directing,
I am driving, shaking my shoulders in time
with the songs he plays, approached the
corner too fast, scared of slipping, just then
he turned up the volume, sound burst in my
ears, for a moment I lost control of my con-
sciousness, I could not hit the brake even
if I had wanted to

The classic accident scenario; I shouted above
the din, TURN DOWN THE VOLUME! – I knew
we had been given a heavenly reprieve; for a few
seconds I was not in control of the car, explained
to Tiaan he must check what is going on before
fiddling with the knobs, when a driver loses control
only divine providence prevents the inevitable
accident – it was terrible

a decibel-high wild shout by the lead singer
scrambled my brains, stayed my ability to
apply brakes judiciously; felt the car slipping,
beginning to slide into a corner – knowing
how it could have ended, I pray once again
please, Heavenly Father, keep my children
safe…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...