Thursday, March 31, 2011

Dream About

Traffic lights out, traffic stuck at the roundabout,
the experience gained from taking trips in South
African taxi’s paid dividends, Alice swerved and
drove on the left, taxi-drivers following, blazing
a path for irate drivers eschewing the highway

Onwards and forwards, Alice dans l’Afrique du
Sud, boring, stupid and idiotic, passion spent,
the world should end, there is nothing to look
forward to, how do people stand it, how do we
exist in this emptiness, wish I had the power

To blast this universe out of existence, tired of
taking classes, tired of surviving my life, fed-up
with stupid theories, dense so-called students,
please - let us succumb to the next tsunami -
nuclear reactor failure and radioactive fallout

Strike us all down, I am so tired of listening to
everyone - the boring people telling me they
know better and always will - at least popular
culture is proving them wrong; William Topaz
McGonagall and Lewis Carrol – never

High literature, Blake and Shelley and whoever
else – who cares, we are watching the Wizards
of Waverley Place and Big Bang Theory – all
this is something I can dream about…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...