Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sacred Not Profaned (Revised)

Do you wish to continue
therapeutic writing only
he asked sneering, rather
than expertly covering all
fields using words correctly,

I cringed, yes, I want to
continue therapeutic writing,
but I can truly express what
I feel to be rejected and
maligned by the likes of you
and your cronies, sorry;

Colleagues, I cover the trials
of mental events by describing
fleeting emotions flashing over
the surface, hiding the real thing
from prying eyes, reading and
writing myself into oblivion –

Right now Pratchett’s description
of how a person withdraws into
a bubble of privacy in a much too
noisy world is a brilliant ploy that
keeps my inner being safe
from turmoil

Surface events delineated in detail –
excitement of passion and feeling
without giving away the real thing
beneath – the sacred shall not
be profaned…


[ORIGINAL:]

Do you wish to continue with therapeutic writing
only, he asked with a sneer, instead of covering
all fields with expertise using words correctly, I
cringed, yes, I want to continue with therapeutic
writing, do you think I can truly express what I
feel to be rejected and maligned by the likes
of you and your cronies, sorry; colleagues

I cover the trials left by mental events by describing
fleeting emotions flashing over the surface, hiding the
real thing from prying eyes, reading and writing myself
into oblivion - right now enjoying Pratchett’s description
how a person withdraws into a bubble of privacy in a
much too noisy world, a brilliant ploy that keeps my
inner being safe from turmoil

Surface events delineated in detail - the excitement of
passion and feeling without giving away the real thing
beneath - the sacred shall not be profaned…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...