Sunday, March 27, 2011

Gastronomic Conflagration (Rev.)

Memo to Me:
Never again eat croissants with scrambled eggs
for breakfast, this killer headache is as good as
an assassin with an AK47 in a violin case

yet it looked so delicious – carried away I was,
reading of Alice eating, drinking and changing
form in Wonderland,

watching Food Channel visiting fast food deli’s
all over USA, everything fried in hot oil; reading
Pratchett’s Monstrous Regiment where girls posed
as soldiers, fried horsemeat with onions seasoned
with sherry – certainly whet my appetite,

but allergy alert revolted at a proposed delicacy of
bacon and eggs on croissant; the mixture of English
with French cuisine upset my psyche

A feeling of complete and utter nihilism claims,
head glows, embers smoulder red-hot, painkillers
fail; staring at my boring document wondering why
illusory reality does not flicker out of existence

my soul lost in gastronomic conflagration…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...