Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Valuable Escape (Revised)

The world of The Wizards of Waverley Place
made last night easy to deal with – those bad
feelings, result of drinking red wine and eating
white killer rolls; entered a ready- made place
where the mind rests in innocence

Mastered the jargon, the upbeat comments on
life and its aches, easy to take refuge in this
superficial universe, a valuable escape when
the allergy takes hold – and when the menfolk
hog TV immersed in a list of interminable
rugby and cricket games

Stuck, cannot read any more, need to float,
to find a Shangri-La where ordinary rules of
universes are suspended, where eternal youth
keeps minds occupied, free from the laws of
food consumption this body is subject to

I wish it were last night, the Walt Disney
channel at my disposal to keep my heart
safe - until the brain functions again...

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...