Sunday, March 27, 2011

Living Life Backwards (Rev.)

Yesterday’s stranger messed up in going to French class
sans reading glasses, sitting in the wrong chair not
listening – hates news on political events, drove like
a fiend, argued Carroll’s “Through The Looking Glass”
illustrates Einstein’s relativism perfectly – where
for each person time becomes something different

And The White Queen lived life backwards, screamed in
pain before she pricked her finger, when it bled in the
actual event she smiled only, already done with the emotion
of shock, it’s how I live my life exactly, something wonderful
happens I cry my eyes out in fear of losing it – then enjoy
the wonder and when the event is over I smile having
already cried

In a space-time dimension we can move backwards
and forwards in time according to relativism, I always
move to the end of every event before it unfolds in order
to enjoy its dénouement without fear for the inevitable
ending, it can be rather a drawback – now my kids do the
same, never expressing sentimental emotion or fear of
anything going wrong, saying they are prepared for
everything going wrong all the time –

I wonder, is it a good thing? Their cynical rejection of
excessive emotionalism of Romeo and Juliet is quite
shocking to one who cried desperately on reading the
play that first time…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...