Monday, February 20, 2012

Cosmopolitanism

We shall be taken to Paris – a reminder of
France - in the Free State, South Africa;
to a resort called Stonehenge – a reminder
of England - for a Planning Session

How cosmopolitan is this - oh, rejoice ye
gods one and all, blessed be the space to
be graced by the National Language Service
for the period 29 February to 2 March

To dream and create visions about a glorious
future for the language-crazed land of our
forbears – where I am often in tears being
the saddest Departmental House Elf

My burnt offerings are scorned and ignored –
I shall take photos, a teddy and my pillow to
enable me to sleep far from home; packets
of chocolates and sweets, books to read

A poetry anthology, a children’s story, a book
for grown-ups and a fourth to be deliberated
upon… oh, celestial morn…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...