Sunday, February 5, 2012

Stuck In Limbo (Revised)

An early office arrival, inbox empty, no-one to
defuse my early morning grumpiness, no texts
to target my grudge on life against, forced to direct
displeasure at inane 7:25 am animation in myself,
nursing a headache, feeling useless

Still in a state of shock replaying my daughter’s
flagrant driving this weekend in my head, lost on
how to solve existential conundrums or fete time
meaningfully when life seems so pointless in being
devoid of boring mountains of words

Filling emptiness with fury and anger, focussing my
mind on other people’s problems stated in dead-
end sentences – preferable to living a non-life in
office necromancy, twiddling my thumbs until
desultory but distracting documents arrive

Reality does not exert pressure on me, create a
need to escape, I am stuck in limbo, no idea how to
solve this strange challenge – existence without
challenge or pressure seems utter waste, I must
create my own reality, but where shall I begin?


[ORIGINAL]

Walking into the office, no documents in my inbox,
no-one to direct my early morning grumpiness at,
no texts to absorb my grudge against life, forced
to direct my displeasure at being alive at seven
twenty five at myself, nursing a headache feeling
useless, still in a state of shock when replaying my
daughter’s driving this weekend in my head, at a
loss to solve existential conundrums how to pass
the time in a meaningful way when life seems so
pointless without mountains of boring words to fill
the emptiness with fury and anger, focus my mind
on other people’s problems stated in dead-end
sentences – which is preferable to living a dead-
end life in the office, twiddling my thumbs until
documents arrive – since reality does not exert
pressure on me creating a need to escape from
irritating demands, I am stuck in limbo, no idea
how to solve this strange challenge – existence
without pressure seems utterly useless, I must
create my own reality and where should I begin?

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...