Sunday, February 26, 2012

Far From Home


You two, father and son - went to look for
cars at auction, came back having bought
curtains for our son’s bedroom, I was so
prejudiced - but you were right

Such great effect: grey, black and beige made
the yellow pelmet, remnant of a creative phase
when I spray-painted long ago; look beautiful,
his room has new appeal

Nici, my college daughter, doing research on
photographer Henri Cartier-Bresson whose
book ‘The Decisive Moment’ shows photos
taken on the run, the title sounds

Like a horror movie, Nici says, I offer ideas which
are firmly rejected by the young demoiselle, she
knows her own mind - my nuclear family makes
life worthwhile, everybody giving advice

For a trip to Stonehenge in the Free State, a
Strategic Planning Session, Nici choosing
teddies to take along, Tiaan suggesting
books to read - while hubby lectures

On food that will be safe; I cherish my new
book, looking for a favourite pillow which
might help me to sleep when
I’m alone, far from home…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...