Monday, February 27, 2012

My Favourite Translation


I read it over and over
trying to make sense of it
who can blame me when it
changes into a song playing
over and over as I feel my way
around repetitions seeking the
grain of sense in seemingly end-
less cascades which entangle my
feelings by the force of continuous
streams of legal terms…

----- ------ ------ ------- ----- ------- ------

“Exploiting a public official by abusing his position,
thereby obtain for himself or a third party
an unjust advantage

or cause prejudice to the administration or contravene
the regulations governing such transactions with a
view to realising the above-mentioned advantage
or loss

the accumulation by public official or equivalent
without the right thereto - for himself or another,
directly or indirectly - of donations or promises
of gifts & donations or some kind of advantage

whether to grant another an unfair advantage by acting
contrary to the laws and regulations ensuring freedom of
participation & equal opportunities on the general market

- and which had been designed by the public institutions,
agencies, public and local companies in which the state
or local corporations participate - directly or indirectly

through capital investment…”

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...