Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Diary Notes – Kids

Oh, what an investment we have made with
such wonderful kids, Tiaan a handsome young
man, everyone says, Nici such a hell-driver,
starting college tomorrow, still the same
size she was at thirteen, size the source
of her driving aggression(?)

How great teaching them Badminton, played
with Tiaan tonight, his antics reduced me to
helpless laughter; Nici invited me to watch
‘Howl’s Moving Castle’ based on the novel
by Dianna Wynne Jones; though she has
many a beau, Nici’s heart untouched

She still dreams of magicians like Howl, she
says; Tiaan’s girlfriend from Hobbit-land,
angelic Angela, her mom also wears swim
suits like me, Angela got Tiaan to cover
his books beautifully; Tiaan preparing
a speech on integrity

Nici starts a course in photography, we still
laugh about her refusing to work in class
when she was small, claiming her mom
told her not to as I said imagination is
more important than learning, she
believes this like Gospel

Her high marks in creativity got her accepted
for the prestigious course, maybe I did some-
thing right - both kids are lovely; a high IQ
score in emotional development, they
cleverly control both their father
and me…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...