Sunday, February 5, 2012

Wilting Spirit Whispering (Revised)


I heed a spirit’s whisper wilting on
the wind, don’t fell my tree; in dark
of seated silence words fall as pebbles
noisomely – disturbing inner calm,
angering pointlessly

All are baulked with bated breath –
it feels as if the end is coming near
and blindly stifles life, I can’t create
a thing, your reading messages from
worldliness alive now interferes:

So aliens drive Africa in Volkswagen
Beetles, ancient Landrovers, make
a mess of cold emptiness, creating
static within the fearsome silence
already within, spurring turmoil

Scared – scared of tomorrow,
scared of increasing darkness
of great loneliness
scared of being me –
of no chance of escape…


[ORIGINAL:]

I feel like a wilting spirit whispering
on the wind, don’t chop down my tree,
sitting in the darkness of silence, words
falling like pebbles, disturbing the quiet
in my mind and making me angry

Everybody living with bated breath - it
feels as if the world is coming to an end,
life is stifled, I cannot create anything,
your reading out messages from the
world of the living: foreigners

crossing Africa in Volkswagen Beetles
and ancient Landrovers – makes a mess
of the cold emptiness in my head, creating
even more static in the fearsome silence it
already contains, living in turmoil

Scared – scared of tomorrow, scared of the
increasing darkness and great loneliness
scared of being me, no chance of escape…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...