Friday, February 10, 2012

Disgust - Undisguised

Confined in office and home is fine
as long as I can do things I like -
surfing the Internet

But when rejection and isolation is
my daily fare, when my offerings
are met with a cold glare

My resolve weakens and my mind
disintegrates under the assault of
frozen disgust - undisguised

Attempts to destroy my spirit make
it almost impossible to breathe, yet
somehow I am not dead yet

What keeps me alive in a world all
hostile which imprisons me in a
chair all day long

Where physical symptoms make
escape impossible while access
to my dad is unattainable?

I accept responsibility for all these,
believing in freedom, all brought
about by my choices

Though why I chose to be ill, stuck in
the quagmire of mental sluggishness,
is beyond explanation

Admitting guilt lessens the burden and
makes me determined to learn how to
love - unconditionally

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...