Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Nest In My Bed


Enough books to create
ambiance in my room -
build a nest in my bed,
anxiety requires travel
between quotes I love

Can’t spend three days in
spearmint only, need some
chocolate, meat & veggies
also, books in all flavours,
teddies and my paper-doll

Vivid Verse, Soul Music by
Pratchett, Agatha Christie -
tie down my mind at night &
for the trip by bus, a juvenile
Horror High – Killer Instinct

To combat all fear - Feet of
Clay - should speeches be
too menacing, words can
change mental states –
I feel secure

In preternatural spheres, no
emotional upset – books are
survival, nourishment and
divine help all in one



BACKGROUND:

I took enough books to create ambiance in my room and
build a nest on my bed in which to try and sleep -

Previously I took only 4 books on such a trip and grew bored
with the limited reading matter at my disposal – when anxious,
I like to browse through my books, looking at favourite passages,
a little here, a little there…

As I explained to my colleagues, I cannot spend three days
from home in spearmint only – I need some chocolate, meat
and vegetables also – meaning various flavours of books.

I packed two teddies and my paperdoll, Vivid Verse, Pratchett’s
Soul Music, Agatha Christie – to tie down my mind at night, and
a book to read on the bus, a juvenile adventure: “Horror High –
Killer Instinct” – to overshadow all fears; still wonder whether to
take Pratchett’s “Feet of Clay” should the meetings be very dull –
left “Don Camillo” by Guareschi at home.

All these flavours and horrors are needed to combat anxiety - a
psychological need to feel secure. Words, evoking mental states,
combat all emotional upset – books are survival, nourishment,
survival kit and divine help all in one – the teddies
are just a bonus.

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...