Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Monte Cristo Count


Oh, best adventure book for kids… ‘The
Count of Monte Cristo’, one student said,
youthful impressions of vengeance and sad
betrayal - his beloved married his arch-
enemy – not for me, I prefer

‘The Scarlet Pimpernel’, I said, the hero so
bold in action and secretive and his beloved
Marguerite so bewildered but faithful to him;
this is the best adventure book for kids, I do
not want to repeat the experience

Of betrayal again, since it is all fiction I can
choose which fantasy to take with me; the
men in class can have their Monte Cristo
Count while I shall stick to the bloodthirsty
Scarlet Pimpernel events when

Disguised as a hag, he saved aristocrats, in
the end, with Marguerite’s help also - from
the embrace of Madame la Guilottine; this
and Jules Verne - will do for me

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...