Monday, February 27, 2012

Memory Lingers (Revised)


Compiled a ‘to do’ list in a whirlwind start,
security took my fingerprints for clearance,
I’m vindicated, my existence has meaning,
I’ve just proved I’m me with qualifications

Friends vouched acquaintanceship, name &
ID of every family member; were I suffering
amnesia I could so easily look myself up – it
makes me feel brilliant – only thing lacking

Is a pharmacy full-colour passport photo,
then I can identify my face too; ‘Diamonds
Are Forever’ James Bond could use my ID
and fingerprints to fool smugglers –

Really for a moment I am Jill St. John adding
‘Tiffany Case’ to my extensive repertoire; how
can everyone bend over their desks in cool
concentration when so many whimsical

Dreams await to be dramatized – let me write
down my fantasy freed restraint then continue
in cold boredom afterwards – secure while the
memory lingers in my heart…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...