Saturday, February 28, 2009

A Fairy Rubber Stamp


The idea of rubber stamps intrigued me when
I became a Government official, what a waste
to stamp only dates, I thought of wonderful
things I’d like to stamp on official documents

Bought a fairy rubber stamp at a craft shop and
stamped my documents and faxes and all my
own books, a superefficient supervisor nearly
fainted on seeing my faxes and outsourcing

forms, on discovering notes in codes I added
those also, but my forays into forbidden territory
were stopped, such frivolity was not becoming in
an official environment, we were not a nurturing

community, we were there to communicate in
formal, professional, concise language without
pictures and symbols interfering, the day this
supervisor resigned she was praised for her

thorough knowledge of government procedures,
while everybody cheered my heart was bleeding
for a life misspent, for time thrown in the wind; then
I discovered the joy of glitter glue

Bought hessian for my desk, spread the glitter glue
all over, this practice was stopped when a colleague
walked into my office and got glitter all over her dress,
afterwards the glue was only applied to

Lists pasted on my wall, nowadays I only dab my fairies
and stones with magical glitter…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...