Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Pleasure As Breathing In Simple Delight

Used to think people ought to be free
to choose suicide as a way out of an
unbearable life, then possibility of
reincarnating into the same kind of life
until mastering it became a strong
possibility, making it inevitable that
we learn to deal with circumstances
without opting out

Choosing death would probably not release
us from the circle of life; might even lead to
repeating a similar life – I decided not to try
it, rather use life as a medium to gather ALL
information, seek insight and wisdom, it’s
better to sacrifice for a desired goal than
choosing short-term delights with no goal
in sight - I became so goal-orientated

Pleasure as breathing in simple delight
became impossible – but I’m learning still,
seeking the rest of meditation, calming our
thoughts, stopping the quest for further
insight; being aware of the pleasure of
breathing – I haven’t reached this goal as
yet, growing bored with nothing to do or
no exploring via my books

My spiritual goals are all ethereal, I have
no proof of anything invisible being true,
except my own experience that as long as
I strive for a positive goal, irrespective of
evidence of truth; life is interesting and
adventurous, as long as I keep dreaming,
lovely things happen to me – I stick to
my positive philosophy of innocence

Not because I am innocent, but I cherish
a sense of wonderment, wise enough to
respect other people’s choices for self-
inflicted pain and protecting a negative
centre of suffering for esoteric gain, I’ve
learnt to turn my eyes towards the sun,
following the things I love, to turn away,
lovingly, from other people’s

Proudly displayed pain, respectfully allowing
them to play out the tragedy they orchestrated
themselves, respecting their need for dark
intrigue, not prescribing remedies, realizing
wisdom lies in total freedom, as long as I
respect their freedom to choose bitterness
and pain, I have freedom myself to choose
happiness and gain

Knowing the universe is benevolent and
abundant, if one ship sails, there are a million
more ready to come into port, ready to fulfill
our dreams; since ability to wonder and dream
is my highest ideal, I can fulfill it anywhere, some
days succeeding in glowing with wonder, other
days wallowing in pain, but always knowing
behind the illusion of life, a deeper truth -

A lovely beginning will put an end
to our human games…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a very nice post. Thank you.

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...