Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Spirit Of Winter 2

Oh, I’ve got to stop, work tomorrow, it’s
half past ten, got to get up early, the story’s
good, but unfolding oh, so slowly, little bits
of events told in so many lines, I don’t want
to rush through the book, but I’ve got to go
to sleep, no fantasy sticks in my head, I
haven’t superimposed my own story yet,
to leave things as they are won’t do, I’ve
got to force the heroine into a spot where
I can embellish the story, otherwise I’ll just
lay awake all night, nowhere to bury my mind
and halt my thoughts and contemplate a
beautiful image, I wish I could conjure a
vision so good, it could sustain me through
tomorrow, I wish I could keep the feeling of
skating on snow in my heart, the excitement
of the idea – the spirit of winter in love with
someone – but my thoughts are so unfocused
as yet...

Terry Pratchett “Wintersmith” Corgi books, 2007

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...