Sunday, February 8, 2009

Oh Joy Is Me

Well, Matt, thank you for the advice,
there are compensations...

9 February 2009:
I’m amused and intrigued, the mystery and
suspense of being a government official –
after being in overdrive and cooling us to
the point of freezing, the air-con system
broke down again, and we’re sweltering
in the heat in the building without windows
that can open – Harry Potter and his cohorts
can’t even fly in and out, we’re stuck where
we are without fresh air all day long, “Hear
my song of joy to you, it is a melody of air-
con fantasy”, the irony of it all is stupefying,
what joy to live in modern society, with James-
Bond magic in technological innovations that
seem to be failing just to keep us on tenterhooks …

08:10 - Oh no, the happy clucking in the open
office chicken-coop this morning is too much for
me, I had better look for sanity someplace else –
“I could have slept all night, I could have slept
all night, and still have slept some more, I could
have closed my eyes and dreamt a thousand
lies, and still have slept some more, I’ll never
know what makes it so exciting, to sleep and
fantasize – I only know when I begin to close
my eyes, visions in my mind, I could have
slept my whole life long!”

07:10 - A Monday morning of primordial creation,
the sun buried in the beautiful mist rising from
the earth, the ordinary world is gone and
the original paradise in all its pristine beauty
changes our early morning trip into a
heavenly experience…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, there are always compensations.

I shouldn't admit this, but I liked Japan better before I could read the advertisements on the trains. After I learned to read them, I realized they were quite banal. Nevertheless, even among things banal there's a thread of something ... I really don't know. We must keep searching. That's the key, I suppose.

Thank you for putting up with my comments!

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...