Thursday, February 12, 2009

Flame Ignited In My Mind

Lived without ideals and dreams
till the age of nine, then discovered
Planet Serfontein and the elevating
effect of dreams sublime, for the first
time came across a description of noble love

Since then I have never been alone again,
the flame that was ignited in my mind might
wax and wane, but never goes completely out,
I keep it alive by reading the same books, re-
turning to my source text from time to time, re-
maining true to my first ideal after all these years

Planning to hold on tight while awareness lasts –
which might very well be for eternity – and should
I get the chance to grow in love and wisdom, I shall
try to apply all the ideals I have nurtured in my mind;
contrary to everything I have been taught and told in
literature, philosophy, psychology and history

That when people grow up experience kills their
dreams and visions and the only rational way is to
give up everything and conform to the rest of humanity –
I keep my original ideas alive by rethinking them, found
confirmation in spiritual literature, ancient and modern,
experienced the suffocation of religion, now I know
success is never giving up –

I’m so gladI found my dream for myself
when I was nine – not having it forced on
me, having been on a quest for meaning for
nine lonely nihilistic years, without God and
love, finding it for myself and infusing it with
life, it is more precious to me than life itself,
more beautiful and powerful than the
fame and wealth deemed desirable
by modern man…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...