Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sunday 1 February 2009

It’s growing later and so grows
my fear for the rebel living within
my soul, the unwillingness to do
senseless things simply required
to make time pass, to earn money,
playing games with little rules and
merit determined by how well we
keep the useless rules

How excellent meaningless lists
are compiled, how long we stared
at useless texts compiled by people
with nothing else to do than play finite
games with idiosyncratic rules, doing
things that hold no advantages nor
change the fundamentals in life

To be judged by posterity for our dexterity
in applying our brains to childish pursuits for
which we are paid so we can take medicine to
keep playing the same useless game…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...