Sunday, April 29, 2012

Everyday Like This


I love the ritual preparing a meat dish
a rib roll, you’re making a treat, I delight
in the activity while green leaves outside
reflect the golden sunshine - but when
we have a preliminary tasting session
 
Trying onions and mushrooms, again it
becomes crystal clear why I cannot excel
as a cook - fat saturating the dish of beef,
my digestion already up in arms; but what
fun as we congregate in the kitchen
 
Tiaan a mime imitating my typing, scribbling
in Nici’s notebook while you run in and out
checking the meat, moments of thoughtless
joy, laughter rippling along rays of sunshine –
wish everyday could be like this…
 

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...