Monday, April 2, 2012

Head On Fire

My head on fire, a dire situation,
mentally disoriented, confused,
eyes swollen, time of reckoning,
pay for the lovely cream caramel
evening, the pressure in my head
excruciating, must learn to deal
with consequences of eating with
courage, I could have refused to
taste it last night, could have sat
in a corner while everybody else
was feasting – then I would have
succumbed to self-pity last night
already, at least this way the fun
came first before the reckoning,
no use feeling bad ALL the time
the food divine helps me to enjoy
my life, even if I pay more than
I bargained for – but living with-
out feasting is worse, I have tried
it before…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...