Wednesday, April 4, 2012

STORY OF MY LIFE

1. Roam The Stars


The Miss Lemon in me quite
satisfied, she organised getting
my colleague’s broken shelf fixed,
time now to go shopping, I’m hungry
and my head is thick, no fun sitting
here having finished my document

Arrange authorisation to leave the
office, as an incumbent I am state
property, everyone must know where
we are all the time, I wish I could send
down a message: On a spaceship going
to the Pleiades, don’t look for me

Down there in my office, I have been
appointed stellar investigator and as
an incumbent for space authority I
am expected to roam the stars!


2. More Lovable

After buying a black scarf to add to
my collection of black materials to
keep warm while being invisible, I
read Soul Music

Susan’s feelings on discovering the
skeletal rat with his scythe coming to
visit while she abhors all fairy tales –
she warned him


If he were imaginary, he should try
to be more lovable; I have a plastic
doll next to my computer, lovable
enough - but

She won’t talk, besides, if she did,
I would talk to her too much being
loath to listen to others unless the
words are

Written down - properly prepared
and edited, imparting evidence of
mysteries and other wonderful
things

Soul Music Terry Pratchett - Corgi Books –
1994, pp. 45 &46


3. Story Of My Life

After illegal pie, cheapest alternative
to starving & sweet cherry lozenges
to facilitate breathing impeded by
ingredients of aforementioned pie

My digestive system reminds me
I’m an alien from somewhere else,
eyelids heavy - gremlins injecting
lead, sitting up vertically while

Body is screaming for horizontal to
ease pressure in head, Saint Saens’
Animal Carnival not helping with
continuous piano arpeggios


Why should life always become an
endurance test in the end, why do
I always lose the feeling of vitality
suffering torpor and lassitude -

Salted snacks can pull me up but
make my sinuses contract even
worse, genteel suffocation not
exactly my favourite pastime

Already wheeze and sneeze some-
thing awful, snorting hippopotamus
manning my desk, fatigue ruining
dreams of accomplishment, oh no

Two hand arpeggions in opposite
directions, missed the enchanting
swimming fishes by jumping ahead
- this is the story of my life!

[Still in the office, before I discovered
I was nearly late:]

Restarted, found the swimming
fishes in track 8, relaxing into delight
just to be rudely awakened by the
donkey braying in track 9

I returned to the enchantment by
immediately double-clicking and
swaying again on the languorous
lines consisting of bright flashes

Of light, shimmering and floating
in one heavenly movement


4. Nearly late

Nearly late as I played with the tracks
of Animal Carnival, finally discovered
the piano piece of Swimming Fishes
on Track 8, immediately followed by

The Donkey Braying Track 9, quickly
backtracked, glanced at my cell phone
keeping time – 5 minutes late – ran
across the street, just in time

To get my lift, threatening asthma attack,
Vicks put an end to that, happily going
home reminiscing, Prof Biblical Studies
conducting an imaginary orchestra

Playing Saint Saens, Fishes Swimming
of course…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...