Friday, April 13, 2012

Takes My Hand (Revised)

A pleasurable anticipation, no great
expectations, a small white scarf pasted
with silver enlivens this big black mantle
draped symbolically about my neck, a
gesture to the universe that I believe in
goodness of life while surviving allergic
reaction to last night’s fried fish dinner

Cheesecake pie aggravated the situation
yet eased hunger pains, been working since
dawn – need a break to assemble thoughts
about chivalrous people making me feel a
lady, talking to them I’m wearing a lacy
ball-gown – darting hither, thither and yon
to an orchestra playing

In the rear black attired assassins bear
strange cases, no doubt containing rifles
with telescopic sights, exotic and deadly
weapons – shivers of excitement run down
my spine, a smiling stranger takes my hand
for the next dance…

Friday 13 April 2012

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...