Friday, April 27, 2012

Thank You For Letting Me Die

Reading Rob Parsons ‘The Heart of Success –
Making it in Business without Losing in Life’ I grew
agitated, the author explained people should be
encouraged to use their special gift in the workplace

I lamented again because being a translator is a
strong attempt to strangle myself, to destroy emotion
and imagination and change my basic character until
I resemble a robot, good for nothing and almost dead

Then you reminded me again that with the allergy I
am in a mental wheelchair, while others sprint ahead
and cross the finishing line I haven’t even started yet,
that I’m like a person born blind, have never felt

What it is like to enjoy the wonder of vision – in my case,
the wonder of quiet routine intelligence – with my IQ
fluctuating madly and my emotions out of control – the
only way for me to live the life of a normal person is

By dying unto myself and I ought to congratulate myself,
I think I am dead – I should be SO PROUD – thank you
for letting me die without spilling a single drop of blood!

Friday 27 April 2012

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...