Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Dreams In My Hands

Crisis solved, stuck glitter pencils to the
wall of the office, bought a supposedly
identical doll to the one standing next to
me already but she is not identical at all

Her colour is different, her mouth a little
nicer so she looks kinder and her dress
is white giving her a shine while the first
one looks sad in a plum-coloured dress

Also bought 3-D stickers of ships to set
my mind free and the symbolism works,
too beautiful to take out of the packet as
yet so anchored to the wall with a cross

Gone the feeling of oppression, gone the
anxiety of unfounded fear, also bought a
workman bag to carry my book - ‘Johnny
and the Dead’ and my handbag and now

I feel better again – holding dreams in my
hands, Little First and Little Second make
me glad as the first doll now has a friend

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...